I needed to bring an appetizer to a Power Squadron happy hour the other day. I was in the mood for buffalo dip and this is what I came up with. I think it was well received, the dish came back empty!
You can serve it hot or cold, depending upon what you are craving. You could also make into a cheese ball but eliminating the mayonnaise and only adding enough yogurt / sour cream to hold the cheeses together and form a ball.
- 1 (6 ounce) container of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ( ounce) container of sour cream, regular or light
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Wildtree Blazin’ Buffalo Dip (or to taste, depending upon how hot you’d like your dip…just add a little at a time and taste often…)
- 1-2 tablespoons of Wildtree Creamy Ranch Dressing & Dip Mix (optional)
- salt and white pepper, to taste
Blend in a medium size mixing bowl with hand mixer or with a wooden spoon.
Then stir in the following…
- 1 cup of celery, diced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 ounces of feta cheese crumbles
- 4 ounces of Gorgonzola crumbles
- 9 ounces of precooked chicken breast, cubed
Lastly, sprinkle with 1-2 green onions sliced thin, green parts only.
Optional Baked Version:
Pour mixture in a casserole dish and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 F, or until hot and bubbly.
Serve hot or cold with celery sticks, crackers or chips for dipping.
Other Fun Ideas:
- Spoon into jalapeno or mini bell pepper halves and bake at 325 F until hot and bubbly for a cool twist on poppers!
- Spread on crusty bread and butter the outside to make a delicious grilled cheese!!