I needed a salad dressing that would go well with pasta night at our house yesterday. BUT, unwilling to head up the the store at the last minute just to get anchovy paste to make Caesar dressing. I hate it when I am missing key ingredients from my pantry!
However, necessity is the mother invention. So I opened my refrigerator and looked for inspiration.
The fresh basil and parsley that I had on hand along with Parmesan cheese both fit the menu theme. After mulling it over for minute or so, the light bulb eventually went off. I decided to make my take green goddess meets Parmesan ranch.
It turned out delish! Salad dressing are so easy to make and so much better for you. I love it when I know what the ingredients and that they are fresh!
So here is what I threw together in my large measuring cup and in less than 5 minutes, I had a yummy dressing all ready to go!!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of agave
- 5-6 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Wildtree's Garlic Galore
- 2 teaspoons Wildtree's Ranch Dressing Seasoning Blend
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
- water to thin, as necessary
Blend with your immersion blender until creamy and smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use, ideally at least 1 hour or overnight. Add a touch of water and whisk if the dressing is too thin after being refrigerated.